The story of Bourke Apartments
The Old Towers Drug Co. building was erected in 1890 for a Dr. Sipes, as a medical centre and residence. It was named after Mr. Towers, his chemist.
The building survived the 1890 flood and a severe fire. Succeeding doctors used it until 1920.
The Bourke and District Historical Society used the premises from 1976 to 1996 as a museum.
Queen Elizabeth II visited the Towers building on her visit to Bourke on 3 March 2000.