The Old Towers Drug Co. Building was erected in 1890 for Dr. Sipes as a medical centre and residence. It was named after Mr. Towers, his chemist. It survived the 1890 flood and severe fire. Succeeding doctors used it until 1920. The Bourke and District Historical Society has used the premises from 1976 to 1996 as a museum.






Queen Elizabeth II visited the Towers building on her visit to Bourke on 3rd March 2000.

In this picture, Queen Elizabeth and Bourke's mayor Wayne O'Mally.


'The outback town of Bourke, in far west NSW; enjoyed a rare moment in international media spotlight today when it hosted its first-ever royal visitors.' March 3rd, 2000.